Management of the Meadows and Bruntsfield Links
As of June 2016, management of the Meadows and Links is rather uncertain as Mablag has been disbanded. What you read below is therefore out of date. When the new system of management has been established this page will be updated with the latest information.
Day to day management of the Meadows and Bruntsfield Links is in the hands of the South Central Neighbourhood Partnership. There is a Management / Advisory Group, MABLAG, but it has no real powers, it is just advisory. FoMBL and the local Community Councils are represented on the Management Group. The Management Plan (see below) says of the Advisory Group "Recently ... a new advisory group was established, which has local councillors, council officers and representatives of all the major stakeholder groups. E.g. Friends group (FOMBL), four Community Councils and Edinburgh University Student Association (EUSA)"
It goes on to say "The recently formed Meadows and Bruntsfield Links Advisory Group has taken over from the Meadows and Bruntsfield Links Short Life Working group. The new structure allows for representation from the Friends Group, all local Community Councils, Councillors and Council officials.
The remit of the group is as follows:
• Development and implementation of the Management Plan for Meadows and Bruntsfield Links
• Develop the Parks Manifesto as relates to the Meadows and Bruntsfield Links
• Support and develop the application process for Green flag status
• Discuss and develop service delivery for the park in line with the Local Community Plan objective, improved satisfaction with our neighbourhoods and green spaces
The group will link directly to the South Central Neighbourhood Partnership with this partnership working between the Council and the Community leading to ongoing and continuous improvement of one of Edinburgh’s premier parks."
Other responsibilities of the MABLAG are:
- To develop a pedestrian and cycling strategy
- To review public toilet provision
- To trial BBQ areas with the park
- To provide regular information on maintenance, events and works within park
See the Management Plan for full details.
Management Plan Feb 2010 (9MB, opens new window)